4 days, Sundays – Wednesdays
The Workmen’s Circle is seeking a passionate educator, eager to explore intersections of Jewish identity, social justice and the Yiddishkeit tradition and committed to experiential learning for the Education Fellow position for the 2019-2020 school year.
The Workmen’s Circle is a social justice organization that powers progressive Jewish identity through Jewish cultural engagement, Yiddish language learning, multigenerational education, and social justice.
We have a network of 6 supplemental schools and our teen-focused program, Youth Stand Up for Justice. These programs combine Jewish cultural heritage and social justice activism and provide innovative, meaningful and inviting learning experiences that engage students and teens as active participants in their Jewish education and identity.
The Associate will serve as a liaison and administrator for our Youth Stand Up for Justice program and 6 supplemental schools. He/she will have the opportunity to be part of a team that develops experiential programs, workshops, clubs and partner clubs. He/She will also lead and train peer educators (college level trainers) and develop working relationships with partners and potential partners with the overall goal of creating a robust community of teen activists.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Site visits to New York based Supplemental School
- Sundays – Wednesdays, 4 days a week
- Work with the Associate Director in developing and leading immersive learning experiences.
- Coordinate and lead teen social justice workshops and programs
- Work on outreach in developing partnerships
- Help with curriculum development, workshop plans and evaluation
- Help train and supervise Peer Educators (college level trainers)
- Provide administrative support to Associate Director of Education
Qualifications & Skills
- Passion for Jewish Education and immersive learning
- Teaching experience
- Demonstrated track record of meeting/exceeding goals
- Experience creating, implementing and delivering experiential lesson plans and workshops
- Ability to collect and create data and surveys
- Strong Organization and time-management skills
- Graduate degree in Jewish Education preferred
- Music and Art skills a plus
Salary & Benefits
- Benefits available
- Flexible hours
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com